Pages

Aug 20, 2011

teaching Beginning Copic Class - Sept. 29

Hello stampers!

This is my first post for the Scrappin' Great Deals blog! I'm thrilled to bits to be an official SGD Diva - and look forward to sharing all my favourite things with you, as well as the little tips and tricks I've picked up along the way. I had the great pleasure of taking Suzanne Dean's workshops last weekend, both the Beginner/ Intermediate and Advanced sessions with Copics. I learned SO much from these - what an absolutely phenomenal day! We hope she'll be back again next summer, and if you didn't attend this time - be sure to sign up for the next one! Not to mention an amazing learning opportunity, Suzanne tells her personal story which is so inspirational. Just fantastic. I'm sure you'll see my style of colouring evolve as I start to apply these new techniques that I've learned!

I'm really excited to teach a class on September 29 - called Beginning and Continuing Copics. This is for anyone who has tried Copics or who uses Copics, as you'll get to not only learn some techniques, but finish two cards! I hope you like my cardmaking style - and hopefully you'll like the two that I've created this month. We will have class markers available for those who do not have their own, but please do bring your own if you have them. And - you will get a 20% discount on all Copic products and products demonstrated in class! How can you beat that?

My first card is a little boy card! This cute little guy is Luka with Truck from the beautiful La-La Land stamps. If you are a Copic user and haven't tried these stamps yet, you really have to see them! They are so perfect for Copics with their open spaces for shading, and their large round faces. And not to mention CUTE AS A BUTTON!

I've used the most beautiful new paper from Simple Stories: 100 Days of Summer. I LOVE the bright colours and how perfect are these for a little boy and back to school? They're reversible and every one is gorgeous.

I've used one of my favourite line of products, the Spellbinders Nestabilities. I honestly struggle to make a card without them now. I have so many sets - and they are all beautiful and versatile. Here I've used the Petite Oval Large and the Petite Scalloped Oval Large. Don't you just love how they are compatible with each other?


Luka is stamped on Copic XPress It paper (my own personal favourite) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured in Copics (see colours below). I've used the awesome new adhesive from Sticky Thumb (you HAVE to try this one out!) to mount all of my pieces! Et voila - Luka with Truck!

Hope to see you on September 29 - or on my blog anytime at http://sarahsassy468.blogspot.com. My goal is to start incorporating some tutorials, maybe even videos (eeks!).

Sarah
xx

Stamp: Luka with Truck (La-La Land) and clear acrylic sentiment stamp
Paper: Simple Stories (100 Days of Summer), Copic XPress It
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Adhesive: Sticky Thumb Tape Runner and Pop dots
Accessories: Bo Bunny Jewels, Prima Flowers, Spellbinders Nestabilities
Copic Colours: B93, B95, B97, R24, R27, R29, B00, G20, G94, G99, E25, E27, E29, E35, E31, YR20, E11, E01, E00, R20, C0, C2




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah