Pages

Jan 29, 2012

Tim Holtz Valentines


Hello stampers!

I wanted to share two cards I made for an upcoming class that I'm teaching at Scrappin' Great Deals.  Kim & I are huge fans of Tim Holtz and are collaborating to teach as many techniques as we can fit into three hours, while making four Valentine's Day cards.

I'm pretty happy with how this first card turned out.  I used Tim's videos and Christmas tags as reference.  The butterfly is Kraft glassine, that I've sponged with alcohol inks, stamped with archival ink, then die cut, crumpled, distressed with Walnut, and adhered with the mini stapler.  The background is from the Paper Stash pad.  I've inked with Picket Fences stain, heat set, then added some pink stains, heat set again, then stamped with archival ink.  The bottom border is made with Kraft core.  I've embossed it with a folder, then sanded it, distressed it with several inks, sprayed with two colours of Glimmer Mist and added the long fasteners.  I've distressed them with the texture hammer.

Here's the second card:


Here I've used some Perfect Pearls, as well as tissue tape, and the rosette die (I LOVE this die!).

Happy Stamping!

Sarah
xx



6 comments:

  1. So adorable. Love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love what you've done with the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, Sarah! I love the layered stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning sweetie these are Fabulous loving your colours here, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are fabulous...love all those great stamps and great designs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah