Pages

May 14, 2012

Father's Day




Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

Here is my first Father's Day card creation of the year.  I don't know about you, but I find masculine cards to be super challenging.  I can never find stamps - never mind stamps to colour.  And then how to embellish?  What colours to use?  Always a struggle.  This stamp is  "Fisherman" by Ai (Art Impressions).  My sentiment is from the "My Guy" set from Paper Smooches (hands down - my favourite line for sentiments).

If you haven't yet discovered the "Golden Oldies" series by Ai (Art Impressions) - you really have to check these out!  First of all, they're pretty funny.  And - they are so practical!  I find them great images for lots of occasions.  AND they're already cling mounted - and ready to colour.  LOVE!

I made a card with the ladies on beach chairs a while ago - and had SO many comments on it and asking to know where I found the stamp!

This one will be at my upcoming card class in June - I have another "Golden Oldie" to be featured there as well (just have to finish colouring it up!).

I just finished my Standard & Intermediate Copic Certification courses in Toronto two weeks ago!  I LOVED it - and was so excited to complete these courses - yay!  I can't wait to start teaching some of the new techniques I learned.  I'm still practicing, so bear with me!  There was LOTS of new stuff to learn - it was just heaven for me - and I had the joy of attending with my BFF Andrea (not to mention our crazy hotel & travel stories - be sure and ask Andrea about the magician's animals!).  What a fabulous time.

You may note my skin tones are different here than my usual.  I'm also trying out some new shadow techniques and even a cast shadow!  SO much fun!

Sarah

Hero Arts "Wood Grain" background stamp

Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress inks in Old paper and Antique linen
YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91
B97, B95, B93, B91
E53, E51
E25, E23
W, 
BV23, BV20
E13, E11, E00, R20
C2


1 comment:

  1. your skin tones look awesome!!!! I love this card- totally copying it for Father's day hee hee. Love the detail right down to your Hero Arts woodgrain stamped background ;). Yes...I need to write up our adventures from the certification. Plumbers, hockey team, magicians...I mean seriously- never a dull moment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah