Pages

Jul 30, 2012

updates from CHA




Hello Stampers!

We are all home safe & sound from a FABULOUS week in Chicago at CHA!!  What an incredible week!  It was my first time - and wow - it certainly lived up to expectations!  My first time meeting Tim Holtz!  And countless other incredible artists - Donna Downey - Claudine Helmuth - the list goes on!  See some of the photos below!

Here is a card I created today - inspired by a creative week!  The card base is Kraft.  I prepped with gesso.  By the way - I am just in LOVE with masks & sprays - and wow - they were everywhere at CHA!  Here, I've used the Mister Huey's chevron mask - and two tones of green Pan Pastels.  Then I applied a layer of Golden  Absorbent Ground.  While this dried - I created some of my own masks.

I used plastic packaging from a die set - and cut out some shapes from my Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers dies (here I used the butterflies).  I laid them on the page - then sprayed with some Tattered Angels.  I placed them somewhere else - and sprayed with another colour.

I used these beautiful new Prima stamps - to randomly stamp text on my page in Ranger archival.  Alamanc stamp set and Songbird.  

I sprayed some lace with Tattered Angels and dried it with my heat tool.  I've applied some Prima self-adhesive gems.

The plastic butterflies that I cut out - were inked with Ranger alcohol inks and then glued to the card front.

Here are some photos from CHA!

Graphic 45 booth

Graphic 45 booth

doing a make & take at Ranger with Teri from Papercrafts magazine.  Tim said "wait for me!" and popped into our photo!

some gorgeous altered art projects at Kaiser Craft

our last day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah