Pages

Aug 1, 2012

art journaling part 2




Hello Stampers!

Welcome to part 2 of my art journaling!  Now, I preface this post with the fact that I am very much new to this art form!!  I am much more a "want-to-be" art journal crafter.  But I LOVE it!  It is a great form of R&R I think.

I've used lots of layers on this page layout.  Some of the products I've used are:
  • Gesso
  • Modeling paste
  • acrylic paint
  • Pan Pastels
  • Mister Huey's stencils
  • Mister Huey's sprays
  • Prima stamp (text)
  • Vintage French book page & music score (etsy)
  • Fab Scraps chipboard elements
  • Ultra Thick Embossing
  • Ranger Archival ink (black)
  • punches (to create my own stencils) - butterfly & flower
  • Tim Holtz distress inks

The technique I enjoyed trying out here was creating the little "windows".  I adhered the vintage paper onto the page.  This is paper I bought on etsy - but I suggest scouring garage sales and second hand bookstores.  I love French text and music pages.  Then I "whitewashed" them with some thinned white acrylic paint so they weren't quite so stark.  I painted some Fab Scraps chipboard windows and stuck them on top.  Then I used my Ultra Thick Embossing on top of that to create an awesome thick glaze, making them look like little windows!  I've used a Prima script stamp to randomly stamp around the page.

Happy Stamping!

Sarah


1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah