Pages

Oct 15, 2012

Tilda with Ugg boots




Hello Stampers!

It felt so good to sit down and spend some time crafting (finally) and make this card!  I have been so busy lately and have really missed spending time in my craft room.

I LOVE Magnolia stamps - just adore them.  And this new release is "Tilda with Ugg boots".  I think she is super cute - and I happen to love Ugg boots too!  

I picked up a beautiful new neutral 6x6 pad today at SGD (while checking out the garage sale, of course!).  This is Classic Calico Collection by American Crafts!  I'm always on the hunt for new neutrals because they are my favourite type of card.

I thought I would share with you how my flowers have evolved - and thanks to crafty time with my BFF Andrea - we've figured out some techniques to share with you today!

1.  NEVER cut the stem!  That is mistake #1.  Instead - twirl the stem around a pointer/ quilling tool/ Tim Holtz poker, etc.
2.  Once you've curled up your stem, use the Glue Gloss (this one is the easiest to use for this technique) to dab glue around the edges and tops of your petals.
3.  Dip your gluey flower petals straight into a tub of Twinklets Diamond Dust.  This one is perfectly chunky, not too sparkly, and just right!
4.  Glue your flowers in coordinating colours, in pairs or in threes, using a hot glue gun.  Trust me, you'll want a hot glue gun for this - it is best.  I LOVE the Imaginisce cordless gun!  I take it everywhere!

And there you have it, glittery European flowers!

Happy Stamping!

Sarah

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate comments and read them all!

I hope that you'll also sign up as a "follower"!

Sarah